Maxima – Hunter Valley NSW
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Traineeship Program
- Career development in retail banking and sales
- Gain a nationally recognized Certificate III in Financial Services qualification
About Maxima Group Training
Maxima is a not-for-profit national employment services and training organisation, working in partnership with small and large businesses across Australia. We have a successful 30 year history delivering employment outcomes for people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, with approximately 280 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders currently placed in Indigenous Traineeships.
Your Host Employer
ANZ Bank is one of Australia’s largest and most profitable banks, with an established history and track record of providing personal, business and retail banking products and services. Operating globally, ANZ has over 545,000 shareholders, 10 million customers and 50,000 employees. ANZ has a strong track record of inclusion and diversity, providing traineeships to more than 1,000 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders nationally.
This position provides Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders an opportunity to be a role model and make a difference to their community. You will learn about a range of banking products and services, develop relationships with customers, gain new skills and contribute to ANZ’s success.
This role is a full-time 12 month contract and national traineeship wages and conditions apply.
Day-to-day duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Promote financial products and services such as term deposits, debit and credit cards, personal loans to business and personal banking customers
- Identify cross-promotional opportunities to reach and exceed KPIs
- Provide administrative support to the branch such as reporting and compliance
- Assist with banking transactions and provide effective financial advice
Skills and Knowledge
- Deliver quality customer service and influence people
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced and changing environment
- Determination to succeed and exceed sales expectations
- Showcase strong work ethic, passion and initiative
Culture and Benefits
- Continuous on the job, in-house training, coaching and skills development
- Obtain a nationally recognised Certificate III in Financial Services qualification
- 24 months job security and career development opportunities
- Be part of an inclusive and diverse work environment
- Receive valuable guidance and support from management and mentors
- Forge positive and respectful working relationships with your colleagues
How to Apply
Please note that you must identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to be eligible for this role.
To apply, complete the online application form and attach a copy of your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the available role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
Applications close 4:00 pm (ACST) Tuesday 12 March 2019.